- Compensation for the costs of purchasing a passenger car and its technical adaptation is granted and paid:
- for individuals for whom the special need for compensation for the costs of purchasing a passenger car and its technical adaptation has been determined if these individuals have the right to drive a car attested by a driving license;
- for families (close relatives; adoptive parents; for caregivers (guardians) of a child who has been placed under permanent care (guardianship); for spouses or individuals having not registered marriage and running joint household who raise at home a disabled child (a disabled adopted child, a disabled child who is cared of or guarded by such individuals) under 18 years of age who has been diagnosed totally disabled by 30 June 2005 or a disabled child (a disabled adopted child, a disabled child who is cared of or guarded by such individuals) under 18 years of age for whom the special need for permanent nursing has been established (hereinafter - a disabled child) if at least one of the family members has the right to drive a passenger car that is attested by a driving license (hereinafter - families raising a disabled child). Families have the right to continue receiving this compensation if, after the disabled child turns 18, the child is continuously diagnosed with a total disability and/or the special need for permanent nursing has been established for the child (if special need for permanent care (assistance) has not been established instead of the special need for permanent nursing).
- The special need for compensation of the costs of purchasing a passenger car and its technical adaptation is established for individuals and a certificate of establishment of the special need for compensation of the costs of purchasing a passenger car and its technical adaptation is issued by the territorial divisions of the Disability and Working Capacity Assessment Office under the Ministry of Social Security and Labour.
- The applicants holding the above certificates have to complete an Application for compensation. That can be done:
- Online, after having logged in to the personal "Sodra" account of the resident. If the documents accompanying the certificate will not be signed with an electronic qualified signature, "Sodra" may require the submission of original documents or copies of documents certified in accordance with the procedure established by legal acts. The list of required documents can be found here.
- In writing. The application form can be found here. The application must be accompanied by copies of the personal identity document and of the documents that accompany the application certified in accordance with the procedure established by legal acts.
- In "Sodra" division. In "Sodra" division the application will be completed by "Sodra" employee. On arrival required:
- you must bring to the division the personal identity document (the passport or the Personal Identity Card of the citizen of the Republic of Lithuania or of the EU Member State, the passport or the permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania, temporary residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania);
- you have to know data about the personal account to which the compensation will be transferred.
Important! The account number, consisting of 20 characters - LT and 18 digits, has to be specified in the application (do not enter the card number consisting of 16 characters). The pension will not be transferred if the card number will be specified in the application.
You can address “Sodra” as soon as you have received the certificates confirming your need for the compensation. “Sodra” will make the decision on granting you the compensation not later than in 20 days after the provision of the documents.
In order to receive the compensation benefits, you (family member) should be determined with a need to receive them and provided with specific certificates, you should also provide an application to “Sodra” to receive the following benefits:
- The compensation of transport costs shall be paid to persons and families with a disabled child, provided that a need is observed.
- Passenger car compensation for persons and families having a disabled child is granted and paid:
- if they are purchasing or already purchased a passenger car;
- in the case of purchase of a passenger car and its technical adjustment;
- in the case of purchase and repair of a passenger car;
- in the case of purchase, technical adaptation and repair of a car;
- in the case of technical adaptations of the existing passenger car;
- in the event of repair of a car already in its possession;
- in the case of technical adjustments and repairs to the existing passenger car. *
* The expenses for the technical adaptation of a passenger car consist of expenses for installing manual driving equipment, lift (lift, ramp, level) to load the trolley in the car or (and) swivel seats to help you get in the car. The expenses for the repair of a passenger car consist of the car body and other part repairs, painting works and painting materials, as well as replacement parts and aggregate purchase costs.
* Compensation shall be granted and the allocated compensation shall be paid only to families raising a disabled child at home.
- The transportation expense compensation is paid on a monthly basis and is equal to 25% of the basic social benefit (BSI) size. This compensation is paid for the current month. The compensation is not inherited in case its beneficiary dies.
- The passenger car purchase and its technical adaptation compensation size is up to up to 64 BSI size (€2560), however not larger than your factual expenses and the cat’s market value. The compensation is not inherited in case its beneficiary dies.
Important. When a person leaves to live abroad, the payment of compensation is terminated from the first day of the month following the month in which the person went to live abroad.
- Persons shall acquire the right to recompensation by resetting the special need for compensation for the purchase and technical adjustment of a passenger car. In such case, the compensation shall be paid if 6 years have elapsed since the last award decision.
- Persons for whom the special need for compensation for the acquisition and technical adjustment of a passenger car has been established for an indefinite period of time shall acquire the right to recompensation after 6 years. In that case, the compensation shall be paid as from the date of the last award decision.
- Families with a disabled child shall be entitled to recompensation after 6 years. In that case, the compensation shall be paid as from the date of the last award decision.
Compensation for the purchase, adaptation and repair of a passenger car is granted and paid to you (the family member) one time, if such a need will be satisfied and you will provide the following documents:
- An application for compensation. The application form can be found here (in lithuanian).
- Personal identity document.
- A certificate of establishment of the special need for compensation of the costs of purchasing a passenger car and its technical adaptation issued by the DWCAO (families raising a disabled child must submit a certificate on the special permanent nursing need established for the child that was issued by the DWCAO, the birth certificate of the disabled child) (if such data is not available in the electronic register of the DWCAO and in the electronic Population Register).
- Driving license. If the member of the family that raises a disabled child, who applies for the compensation, does not have a driving license, then a driving licence can be submitted by his or her spouse or by a person who lives together with the applicant and runs joint household with him or her.
- Documents confirming the costs of purchase of a passenger car:
- an invoice and a proof of payment (a certificate-invoice, a cash register receipt or the second copy of a cash income order, or a receipt of a cash income order, or a cash receipt, or an invoice issued by a credit, payment and/or electronic money institution confirming payment in the online system of this institution, or a payment order to transfer money to the legal person having sold the car, or other documents confirming the payment of money) if the car was sold by a legal person. If the document certifying the payment of money contains the name, quantity, units of measurement and the price per unit of the good being sold or purchased, then it is not necessary to submit an invoice or a corresponding document;
- or a document of purchase in a foreign country and translation of this document to Lithuanian if the car is purchased abroad. The translation must be signed by the translator having translated the document;
- or an invoice or a VAT invoice, or a proof of payment (a cash register receipt or a cash receipt, or a receipt of purchase-sale of goods (services) if the car is purchased from a person who is engaged in individual activities under the individual activity certificate;
- or a purchase-sale receipt if the car is purchased from a person holding the individual activity certificate;
- or a lessor's document (certificate or deed) on the payment of the full price provided for in the leasing agreement and the transfer of ownership of the car to the lessee if the car was acquired through financial leasing.
- Vehicle registration certificate.
- Report of an independent asset valuer on the market value of the car (when the person wishes to be compensated for the costs of purchasing the passenger car). Such a report is not required to be submitted if a new car (not used) is purchased.
- If the car was technically adapted and/or repaired, then a document certifying the costs of technical adaptation and/or repair of the car issued by the entity having performed the technical adaptation and/or repair of the car has to be submitted.