- If you have lost your capacity to work due to illness or injury, you may be subject to professional rehabilitation. The decision on granting it is made by the Disability and working capacity assessment office (NDNT).
- If you contacted NDNT for determining the level of working capacity for the first time, you may also be diagnosed with a need for professional rehabilitation.
- If you already have a determined level of working capacity, you can apply to the territorial labor exchange for sending you to the NDNT for determining the need for professional rehabilitation.
- If the NDNT determines that you need professional rehabilitation, it shall issue an appropriate conclusion.
- You must apply to the territorial labor exchange no later than within 3 business days after the receipt of this conclusion, it will provide you with a referral to the institution providing vocational rehabilitation services.
- You will have an individual vocational rehabilitation program created for you at the vocational rehabilitation institution; it will also issue you with a certificate of professional rehabilitation.
- With the conclusion of NDNT and the certificate of professional rehabilitation, one may address “Sodra” regarding the assignment of a vocational rehabilitation benefit.
- A decision on the award of a vocational rehabilitation benefit will be made by “Sodra” within 10 working days of receipt of the application with all necessary documents.
- The benefit will be transferred to your account at a credit or payment institution.
- You must apply to the NDNT for determining the level of your working capacity at the end of the vocational rehabilitation program.
You can apply for the sickness benefit no later than in 12 months after the end of the sickness.
You are entitled to professional rehabilitation benefit payments, if:
- You are insured by sickness social insurance.
- The Disability and working capacity assessment office has identified the need for professional rehabilitation services and issued you an appropriate conclusion.
- You have been issued a certificate of professional rehabilitation. It is issued by an institution, providing rehabilitation services.
- You are participating in a vocational rehabilitation program and therefore do not receive income from work.
- You have had a sickness insurance record of at least 3 months in the last 12 months or 6 months during the last 24 months before the start of a professional rehabilitation program.
If the insured person does not have the required sickness social insurance period due to the fact that they had been on the parental leave during the calculation period, the sickness social insurance period shall be calculated from the 24-month period prior to the date when the child, for the care of which the insured has been granted the parental leave, reaches the age of two years.
In case you are not insured by sickness social insurance or you do not have the required sickness social insurance record, the occupational rehabilitation benefit is paid from the state budget. This benefit is granted by territorial labor exchange branches.
- Application for a vocational rehabilitation benefit.
- Professional rehabilitation certificate.
- Personal identification document.
- Know the details of the personal account to which the benefit will be transferred.
- The professional rehabilitation benefit is equal to 65.94 percent of your compensated wages.
- The compensated wages, according to which the size of professional rehabilitation benefit is determined, shall be calculated according to your income received in 3 consecutive months until the calendar month preceding the month of beginning of the professional rehabilitation programme.
- If the average monthly compensated wages of the recipient of professional rehabilitation benefit is smaller than the sum of two basic pensions of the national social insurance valid in the month of beginning of the professional rehabilitation programme, the professional rehabilitation benefit shall be calculated with regard to this amount.
For example, professional rehabilitation started in April 2023, so the compensated wages are calculated from the insurable income received in December 2022 and in January – February 2023.
The maximal compensated wages used for calculation of professional rehabilitation benefits cannot exceed the amount of two domestic average monthly wages valid for the last quarter before the month of beginning of the professional rehabilitation programme.
Average wages in the national economy
(including individual companies) (gross), EUR
If a person became entitled to professional rehabilitation benefit from 1 March 2023, the maximum earnings for the calculation of the sickness benefit shall be applied to the assessment of the average salary levels of the third quarter of 2022 (EUR 1787,10 * 2).
If a person became entitled to professional rehabilitation benefit from 1 April 2023, the maximum earnings for the calculation of the sickness benefit shall be applied to the assessment of the average salary levels of the fourth quarter of 2022 (EUR 1887,80 * 2).
|Professional rehabilitation benefit rates
|Minimum benefit, Eur
|Maximum benefit, Eur
- A professional rehabilitation benefit will be transferred to your personal account.
- A decision to grant a vocational rehabilitation benefit is made within 10 working days of receipt of the application with all necessary documents in the “Sodra” department.
- A vocational rehabilitation benefit is paid within 7 working days after the decision to grant the benefit.
- A vocational rehabilitation benefit is paid for the entire period of participation in the vocational rehabilitation program, from the first day until you become able to work or you will be recognized as incapacitated or having a partial capacity for work, but no longer than 180 calendar days.
- The payment of the benefit is suspended or terminated from the day the person's participation in the vocational rehabilitation program is suspended or terminated.
- The payment of a suspended or terminated vocational rehabilitation benefit is renewed from the day the person continues the previously started vocational rehabilitation program.