You can receive an advance retirement pension, if:
- no more than 5 years remain until you reach the retirement age;
- you have sufficient amount of work experience necessary for the retirement pension;
- you do not receive other periodic benefits and income;
- you are not employed and do not receive any work-related or other insured income (under an employment contract, on the basis of any memberships or service, from individual business activities, from farming activities, from a foreign country).
An exception is made, if you have at least half of the work experience necessary for the retirement pension and meet at least one of the following conditions:
- You are a mother who gave birth to 5 or more children and raised them until they turned 8 years old.
- For at least 15 years, you have nursed your children with disabilities or children who have lost 60% or more of their capacity for work.
- For at least 15 years, you have nursed disabled people at home, who have a special need for permanent nursing.
You can find out how much work experience you have accumulated by signing in to your personal Sodra resident’s account and generating the summary "Rep.02 Information on the length of pension social insurance".
If you have formed a summary “Rep.02 Information on the length of pension social insurance” and have noted that not full information about the length of service you have acquired for the pension is provided, you probably have not submitted to “Sodra” documents proving the length of service you acquired before 1994.
Please note that “Sodra” has accumulated data about your workplaces, the time you have worked there and the salary received since 1994. Therefore, if you worked until 1994 and until now you have not submitted to “Sodra” documents proving your pre-1994 length of service you have acquired, you can do so by coming to the nearest “Sodra” department at any time convenient to you.
Documents you have to provide:
- identity document;
- work book;
- state social insurance certificate;
- military tickets (if military service has been performed);
- certificates of length of service;
- collective farm documents, etc.
The advance retirement pension may be assigned not earlier than 5 years until the retirement age. Therefore, you can contact "Sodra" 5 years before reaching this age or at any time thereafter.
Please come to the nearest "Sodra" department at the time of your convenience and submit the documents that certify the work experience gained until 31 December 1993.
- A request to receive the advance retirement pension.
- A passport or ID card (or a permit to reside in Lithuania).
- Also the following, if not submitted already:
- documents certifying the work experience gained until 31 December 1993 (employment record book, statements of work experience issued by former employers or archives, etc.);
- military certificate (if you completed military service until 31 December 1994);
- marriage or divorce certificate (in case the last name was changed and differs from the last name indicated in the documents certifying the work experience);
- if you are a mother who raised 5 or more children until they turned 8 years old and you do not have the amount of work experience necessary for the retirement pension, you will have to present your children’s birth certificates;
- if for at least 15 years you have nursed your children with disabilities or children who have lost 60% or more of their capacity for work (if these children have been recognised as disabled before reaching the age of 18) and you do not have the amount of work experience necessary for the retirement pension, you will also have to submit:
- child’s birth certificate;
- certificates issued by the Doctor Consultative Commission and/or Disability and Working Capacity Assessment Office, certifying the period during which the child was recognised as disabled.
- if for at least 15 years you have nursed disabled people at home, who have a special need for permanent nursing, and do not have the amount of work experience necessary for the retirement pension, you will also have to submit:
- a document certifying the placement of a guardian or caretaker and your appointment as a guardian or caretaker;
- certificates issued by the Doctor Consultative Commission and/or Disability and Working Capacity Assessment Office, certifying the period during which the attended person was recognised as disabled.
The retirement pension is calculated taking into account all your income received as of 1 January 1994.
If you live in foreign, all related and relevant information you will find here.
A request to receive a pension can be submitted:
- Online, by signing in to your personal Sodra resident’s account.
- By e-mail.
- At any Sodra’s department.
A copy of personal ID document, certified as per the requirements, must be attached to the letter.
The request can be filled on-site. You need to have an ID and details of your account to which the pension will be paid.
The amount of pension depends on your acquired work experience, the number of accounting units, the value of an accounting unit and basic pension as approved by the State Social Insurance Fund’s Council.
Calculation of the accounting units:
- 12 average monthly salaries (AMS) per year = 1 accounting unit.
- The maximum number of accounting units per year is 5 (60 AMS).
Every year as of 1 January the value of the basic pension and accounting unit will be indexed (adjusted) according to the coefficient calculated and approved in the previous year.
Important! An advance retirement pension is calculated in the same way as a retirement pension, but it is reduced by 0.4% for each month remaining until the retirement pension. When persons have been paid an advance retirement pension, their retirement pension will be reduced by 0.4% for each month when the advance retirement pension was paid.
For example, you have contacted us regarding the advance retirement pension for the period of 5 years (60 months). The pension calculated for you is €240. Taking into account the duration of the advance retirement pension, it will be 24% (60x0.4% = 24%) lower, i.e. €182,40. However, if you have terminated or suspended your advance retirement pension during its payment term, your retirement pension will be reduced only for the period when you received your advance retirement pension.
If a advance pension was awarded after 2018 and you have worked or engaged of another activity, for which you have paid pension social insurance contributions to "Sodra", then the pension will be recalculated (Updated) from 1 January 2019 , estimating the extra length of seniority acquired during the previous calendar year and the number of units of account.
No request is required in order for the pension to be recalculated. The pension will be recalculated on the basis of the public social insurance cover of the insured and the register of the recipients of the public social insurance benefits.
The decision on the recalculation of the pension (updating) will be able to view at www.sodra.lt, by joining a personal "Sodra" account for a resident.
The recalculated pension is planned to be paid in July of 2019.
This will be done every year.
The advance retirement pension is paid until your retirement age.
- The payment shall be terminated, if:
- you have reached the retirement age;
- you go to live abroad. However, under certain circumstances you will be able to continue to receive the advance retirement pension.
- The payment shall be suspended, if:
- you become employed or start to work on your own;
- you become a farmer or his/her partner;
- you receive employment-related income in a foreign country;
- another pension or benefit is assigned to you;
- you make a request to suspend the payment of your early pension.
- On a person’s request, the payment of the advance retirement pension may be resumed, if the person meets the conditions to receive this pension.
Important! In all the cases mentioned in items 1 and 2, except when the retirement age is reached, you have to notify a "Sodra’s" department about such a change within 10 days. When you reach the retirement age, you will have to submit a request to receive the retirement pension.
You will be assigned a pension within 30 calendar days from when the request and all the necessary documents and data are received.
Advance retirement pension is paid for the previous month.
Advance retirement pension may be:
- Transferred to your personal account.
- Delivered at your home between the 10th and 26th day of each month, if:
- you received your pension at home in December 2009;
- you lost 75–100% capacity for work or you have a special need for permanent nursing, special need for regular care (assistance), special need for the compensation of transport expenses, or a high level of special needs;
- you live in areas where you do not have the ability to cash out;
- you are 80 years old or older.
- Collected at a post or PayPost office between the 10th and 26th day of each month, when:
- it is not possible to cash out the benefit from your personal account;
- you meet the conditions for receiving the benefit at home.
The information above presents only the most important provisions of the Law on Social Insurance Pensions regarding the assignment of retirement pensions. In your particular case, other conditions that are not mentioned here may be important as well.
- At any “Sodra’s“ department;
- Sign in to your personal “Sodra” resident’s account and submit a request to receive a pension recipient’s certificate, GPN14.
- your passport or another ID;
- a photo that meets the requirements for IDs, in a digital medium or “Sodra” may use your photo from the Population Register Service (if you received / changed your identity document in 2007 or later);
- a request to receive a pension recipient’s certificate.
- The completed certificate shall be issued or sent no later than within 20 business days from the date of the decision to grant a pension.
- When changing the certificate, it is issued no later than within 20 business days from the day of submitting the application to the “Sodra” department.