A person, who:
- Was made redundant according to the article 57 of the Labour code of the Republic of Lithuania, i.e. according to the employer’s initiative without any fault of the employer.
- Has worked for an uninterrupted period longer than 5 years for the same employer, prior to becoming redundant.
- Has not started working for the same employer during 3 months after being made redundant.
- You were not an employee of budgetary institutions or the Bank of Lithuania.
- Has requested the granting of the benefit not later than in 6 months from becoming redundant (you do not need to apply if you have already applied for any other benefit paid by "Sodra").
- The benefit shall be granted no earlier than 3 months after the dismissal. The decision to grant long-term employment benefit is made after 3 months after dismissal, within 10 working days.
- The benefit is granted only when all employment contracts concluded with the employer who dismisses the employee in accordance with Article 57 of the Labor Code are terminated (if the person has concluded several employment contracts with the employer) and the person fulfills other conditions for entitlement to the benefit.
For example, a worker is dismissed on January 4, 2021. If the person does not renew the employment relationship with the former employer (does not conclude an employment contract) within three months, from April 5 (after 3 months), he may claim a long-term employment benefit.
An application for long-term work benefit must be submitted if:
- you have not yet applied for any other benefit from "Sodra";
- although you have applied for another benefit, you have not yet received a long-term employment benefit in your personal account 4 months after your dismissal;
- you have been transferred from one job to another during the last 5 years before the dismissal;
- you want to get a negative decision on long-term employment benefits. You can view the decisions made by logging in to personal "Sodra" account for resident and selecting the "My benefits" section.
You can submit an application:
- Online, when you sign in to your personal "Sodra" account for a resident and choosing an Application for long-term work benefit, GPS16;
- By post. An application can be downloaded here. When sending an application by post, a copy of the identity document certified in accordance with the procedure laid down by law (e.g. notary) must be attached;
- Upon arrival at the "Sodra" department, the application will be filled in and submitted to you for signature by the employee. You have to have with you:
- identity document such as passport, identity card, permanent residence permit in Lithuania;
- know the details of the personal account to which the payment will be transferred.
- 77,68% one average monthly person's salary size benefit, when the person has worked from 5 to 10 years before redundancy.
- 77,68% two average monthly person's salary size benefit, when the person has worked from 10 to 20 years before redundancy.
- 77,68% three average monthly person's salary size benefit, when the person has worked for 20 and more years before redundancy.
The average monthly wage of a person is calculated on the basis of "before taxes" average of the income related to the employment relationship, from which the contributions for "Sodra" are paid, for the 12 months preceding the month of dismissal of the employee.
- Whenever wrong or incorrect data has been provided.
- A new employment contract was concluded between the employee and the employer who dismissed the employee in accordance with Article 57 of the Labor Code within 3 months of the dismissal.
- Whenever the redundancy has been accounted as unlawful by the decision of the institution, responsible for the examination of the labour dispute.
- The Long-term benefit Fund is managed by “Sodra”.
- The Fund is formed from the contributions paid by the employers/insurers. The employers/insurers pay 0,16 percent contribution from the employment-related income calculated for the employees, from which the contributions to the National Social Insurance Fund are paid (the budgetary institutions and the Bank of Lithuania is not paying these contributions, therefore they pay a long-term work benefit from their own funds to a person dismissed in accordance with Article 57 of the Labor Code).
For example, if the person receives a 800€ salary “before taxes” – the payment to the Long-term benefit Fund would be 1,28€ .