During your vocational training, professional practice or professional rehabilitation, you are guaranteed social insurance for accidents at work and occupational diseases.
The insurance applies to you if you are:
- A student of a vocational school who is engaged in professional practice.
- A student of a higher education institution, who is practicing a professional activity.
- Employment service is sent to vocational training or vocational rehabilitation, or at the in-service training course for the home-based vocational training institution and you have signed an agreement on entry into the internal service.
- Cadet - a person who studies at a correctional officer's educational institution, a home-based vocational training institution in accordance with vocational training programs and who has signed a contract for joining the internal service;
- Cadets - a person performing military service while studying at a military training institution.
There is no need to provide documents to be insured. The fact that you are insured is decided according to the notifications provided by the responsible authorities to the "Sodra".
0.16% the amount of social insurance contributions for accidents at work and occupational diseases is paid from the minimum monthly salary.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Sport of the Republic of Lithuania - for students of vocational schools, students of higher education institutions, who practice professional practice at an institution or enterprise.
- Employment service - for persons who have been sent to vocational training or vocational rehabilitation by Employment Service, who practice professional practice in an institution or enterprise.
- Ministry of Social Security and Labour - for persons engaged in voluntary practice in accordance with the procedure established by the Law on Support for Employment.
- The Training Centre of the Prison Department under the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Lithuania – for persons studying at a vocational training establishment of correctional officers (students).
- The Lithuanian Police School, the State Border Guard Service under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania and the Fire Rescue School - for persons studying at an institution of professional training in the field of internal affairs and having signed an Accession Treaty to the internal service (students).
- General Jonas Žemaitis Military Academy of Lithuania - for persons who perform military service while studying at a military training institution (cadets).
You will lose insurance at the end of your vocational training, professional practice or professional rebilitation.