I am a spouse of a civil servant who is in international service and I am not employed

If you do not have a work relationship and you are not a retired pensioner, your spouse serving your civil service to work in the international community - you are guaranteed: 

  • Pensions.
  • Maternity.
  • Unemployment social insurance.

The insurance applies to you if you do not have an employment relationship and you are not of the retirement age and you meet at least one of the following conditions:

  1. You are living abroad together with your spouse as a public servant.
  2. You live together with a soldier assigned to the military service.


  It is important to emphasize that you can be insured only if your spouse's remuneration and his / her paid state social insurance contributions are paid by the institution that issued it.


In order to be covered by insurance, you do not need to submit documents. The fact that you are the insured person is decided according to the insurers' notifications to the "Sodra".


The amount of contributions is calculated from 0,5 official salary of a civil servant or a professional military service officer or 0,5 remuneration of a person delegated by a contract of delegation or 0,5 remuneration of the President of the Republic.


You will lose your insurance if:

  • You have an old age pension.
  • You earn income related to employment relationships.
Update date: 2018-08-13
Is the information useful?

Can not find what you are looking for? Choose the most suitable option for getting information.